What are some of the pros and cons of self-publishing vs traditional publishing?
Pat Flynn goes behind the scenes in his podcast SPI 197 on the publishing of Will It Fly. Pat is a successful online entrepreneur, business strategist and blogger. He gives some valuable tips:
- what are your goals in publishing – money or service
- self-publishing gives you full control but requires many skill sets
- traditional publishing is easier but there are deadlines and constraints
- traditional publishing has established distribution networks
- self-publishing requires you to do all the marketing
- the advantages of publishing on Amazon instead of your own website
Below are excerpts from his podcast:
See also previous post.